- Jade is working hard to bring amazing, buffer-free internet to your community!
- Our construction timelines vary. If you have questions or need more information, give us a call. We’re happy to help!
- We’ll do our best to be great guests in your community—including picking up after ourselves and communicating construction timelines and installation steps.
Under Construction: What to Expect During a Fiber Build
Before you even hear about Jade in your neighborhood, we’re working to design the fiber cable paths that run throughout your community.
We know you’re eager to get connected, but there are still a few steps left to ready your street and home for high-speed internet. Read on to find out what to expect.
How much longer do I have to wait?
While it can take up to six years to fully complete a fiber build, Jade is working hard to get fiber up and running in your area.
Our next steps are laying fiber lines in your neighborhood—what we call “main line,” followed by connecting your home to the network (we call this “the drop”). This process can take six to nine months to complete.
Step 1: Constructing the main line
When our construction crews arrive in your neighborhood, they’ll bury the main fiber line that will serve as a distribution point for all residents and businesses in the neighborhood.
- Contractors and utility employees arrive in your neighborhood to mark the locations of existing lines in preparation for local construction.
- We construct the fiber path from the distribution points directly to utility easements in your neighborhood.
In an effort to provide advanced notification of construction, Jade will use social media, website updates, neighborhood association meetings, email, and direct mail.
Step 2: Splicing/Testing
Next, our splicing team accesses each splice vault and tests the speed of light as it passes through the fiber to make sure your connection is Jade-fast.
- We’ll park a splice trailer near the splice vault in your neighborhood to separate the individual fibers that will connect directly to your home or business.
- The fiber is tested to ensure a clean, continuous path for the light to travel.
- When splicing and testing are complete, the cables are sealed in an air-tight splice case and coiled back into the splice vault, ready to be accessed for individual installations.
Step 3: Getting you connected
We’ve laid the groundwork… and now it’s time to start your service. Once your pre-order is received and splicing is ready, an installation appointment is set up to connect the fiber to the side of your home or business.
A Jade technician will then arrive to finish your installation and help set up your system. This includes testing your Wi-Fi range, walking you through our managed services (like Click, Phone, and Jade Security), and ensuring you’re ready to fully enjoy the fiber future with Jade.
Still have questions? Maybe you’re wondering which speed to choose. Or maybe you’d like more information about our construction timeline. Whatever you need, we’re happy to help! Give our Wi-Fi Wizards a call at (719) 589-5140 or visit us online at gojade.org to track our progress.