If you’re into being outside, trying new things, and can’t stand sitting at a keyboard, we want to meet you! Knowledge and experience are essential to Jade’s mission, and while we need applicants with real telecommunications or construction experience, character is just as important and we will train the right people.
We look for those who have a natural instinct for our core values: Fun, Community, and Privacy. If you can see yourself fitting into this growing team, let’s talk about GIG things together.
- Installs and maintains aerial and buried service wiring and cables, including new construction splicing, ongoing cable maintenance, and cable pair trouble shooting, repair and maintenance.
- Performs duties related to copper and fiber cable trouble shooting, and line and other facility quality standards.
- Performs skilled duties related to copper and fiber splicing, and preventive cable maintenance.
- Installs plant facilities according to drawings provided by Engineering.
- Installs, splices and turns up FTTX facilities.
- Performs facilities maintenance required for trouble tickets.
- Performs copper and fiber facilities locates as needed.
- Prepares various documents, such as time sheets, work order summaries, inventory usage and request forms, etc.
- Keeps service truck fully stocked with required inventory items to perform job duty
- Performs service orders from the Central Office switch to the customer premises as needed.
- Performs all testing required for installation of POTS and DATA services over copper and fiber optic facilities.
- Cross-trains with Network and Plant personnel to install complex outside plant or central office systems.
- Performs required documentation of service orders, and maintenance visits in Elations system.
- Is familiar with all facilities of the local exchange distribution network.
- Ability to navigate and interpret standard telecommunication prints and mapping.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- On call mandatory every 3rd/4th weekend
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of fiber construction experience is preferred
- Preferred candidate is based in Blanca, Colorado.
- Basic knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word and GIS/CAD
- High level of communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of fiber construction and material
- Good mathematical skills
- Sense of ownership and personal/collective responsibility
Essential Physical Requirements
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to drive and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Flexibility to work long and varied hours. Typical schedule is Monday to Friday from 8am-5pm with an hour lunch break. Minimum of 40 hours a week, with the expectation that job duties will be fulfilled and extra hours may be necessary; must be available to work some weekends during the busy times.
- Free SWAG!
- Awesome benefits like Retirement, Medical, Dental, & Optical
- PTO and Company Holidays
- This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume/CV to email@example.com.