If you get too many or too few motion activity notifications, try these steps to test or adjust the motion detection sensitivity of your Arlo camera.
To test motion sensitivity settings on your Arlo camera:
- Launch the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at my.arlo.com.
- Tap Settings > My Devices.
- Tap a device.
- Tap Device Utilities > Motion Detection Test.
- Move the slider left or right to increase or decrease motion detection sensitivity. We recommend starting at a low setting.
- Walk in front of your Arlo camera.
- Keep moving, and increase the motion detection slider until the camera’s front LED light starts blinking. This means the camera has detected your motion and should be set at this level.
Note: This test does not save new motion detection settings.
To change motion detection settings on your Arlo camera:
- Launch the Arlo app or log in to my.arlo.com.
- Tap Mode.
- Select the device you want to adjust.
- In the Armed section, tap the pencil icon.
- In the Rules section, tap the pencil icon for the rule you want to edit.
- Tap the pencil icon next to Motion is detected.
- Move the slider to decrease or increase motion sensitivity.
- Tap Save.
- Tap < Edit Mode.
- Tap Done.
Your motion sensitivity settings are saved.
Tip: you can also refine your camera’s field of view with Activity Zones.
For more information about using motion detection, watch our YouTube video: Arlo Wire-Free: Using Motion Detection.