Terms & Conditions For Landlord Permission
- Installation of a Canopy System may involve modifications to the residence. While these modifications are often minor, standard professional installation many times includes the drilling of holes in order to run cable and attaching an antenna securely to the outside of the structure. Any such type of modification may be forbidden pursuant to the terms of your lease/rental agreement or may require pre-approval by the landlord. Please be advised that landlord approval is often the case with multi-tenant apartment buildings.
- You should carefully review your lease agreement to determine if you have the right to make such modifications. If landlord approval is required, please request that the landlord, or its authorized representative, sign the bottom of this form to acknowledge authorization for the installation and provide this signed form to the Jade technician at the time of installation. In the alternative, if landlord verbally gives you permission (or if landlord approval is not required pursuant to your lease or rental agreement), please indicate that below and sign as well.
- By providing a signed form, you are granting Jade Communications permission to install your new Canopy Internet System and are releasing Jade from obligation to remove your system after it is installed. The signed installation permission form releases Jade (including any installation technician) from any liability related to damages your landlord may claim as a result of an alleged violation of your lease/rental agreement as it relates to the installation of your new Canopy System.
- Should your landlord only approve the Canopy System installation subject to special requirements that makes the actual install more expensive (or exceeds what Jade offers within its standard professional installation), you will be asked to pay a corresponding charge, to be agreed upon by you and your installer, for the additional services. In addition, please remember that technical issues may still prevent installation of your Canopy system. Though this is rare, challenges such as a poor line-of-sight to the satellite, or inadequate grounding availability can prevent installation of the Canopy System in which case your money will be refunded.
- The tenant, or whomever is seeking Internet service, agrees to pay Jade Communications the entirety of the installation fee prior to installation. He/she also agrees to pay a $95.00 equipment retrieval fee, if the equipment is not returned after 10 days of disconnect. He/she also agrees to pay all charges within 10 days of issuance and to pay all reasonable costs of any collection agency (up to 50% of the outstanding bill), attorney, court or other miscellaneous fees used to collect the past due amounts.