- Porch pirates are thieves who steal packages left outside of people’s homes. They’re not cool. And no, they are not the captain now.
- Reports of porch pirates skyrocket during the holiday season with gifts and packages left on doorsteps, patios, and porches.
- The best way to prevent porch pirates is by taking a few simple steps to ensure your packages make it inside your home.
Tis the season for gift giving! With all the online shopping and package deliveries, the last thing you need to worry about is your thoughtfully purchased gifts for family and friends being swiped off your porch by, you guessed it, a porch pirate.
Reports of porch pirates, or thieves who steal packages left outside people’s homes, spike during the holiday season as the volume of deliveries grow. They also can be easily deterred by taking some simple protective steps.
Here are 5 tips to keep your treasures safe this holiday season:
1. Enable package tracking notifications: By signing up for tracking notifications and delivery alerts, you’ll know exactly when your package has arrived.
2. Require delivery signatures: Yeah, it’s kinda a pain, but requiring a signature (especially for valuables) ensures your package ends up in the right hands.
3. Ensure your home is properly lit: A package that arrives after dark is a porch pirates dream come true. Make sure your property has plenty of outdoor lighting with a Jade Security floodlight camera.
4. Get an outdoor camera or video doorbell: With Jade Security, you can have a second pair of eyes, and ears, watching over your home 24/7.
5. Install a home security system: If you’ve followed the above tips, you’ll likely scare would-be thieves away. But having a home security system is another crucial step to keeping your packages safe. And don’t forget to put out your trusty yard sign to deter any burglars!
Ready to start protecting your home from porch pirates? Right now we’re offering our biggest promotion yet: $100 professional installs on all security orders! But this deal won’t last long.
Learn more about Jade Security or speak with one of our security pros at (719) 589-5140.